Friday, September 26, 2008

Invocation for Senator McCain

As reported in the current edition of the Washington Jewish Week, I was invited to deliver an invocation in support of Senator John McCain at a Jewish fundraiser for his presidential campaign last Sunday.

The full text of the invocation I composed and delivered can be found here. Obviously, it represents my personal views and you are free to disagree with my conclusions.

It was subsequently brought to my attention that my actions were criticized here.

I responded here and here, and wound up involved in a bit of a theological discussion about the nature of prayer and "Divine callings" here and here.

Although the initial reactions of other contributors to the site were mixed, I was honored to receive positive feedback on my comments from several of the participants as the exchange progressed.

No comments: